Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ping Pong et cetera


If you find yourself at a loss for epithets when you think of me these days (after all, I'm a 20 something still developing my identity), here's one for ya: Carrboro High School Balls of Fury Ping Pong Club Co-Advisor. Darn right. We're about to start the inaugural CHS Semi-Annual Double Elimination Balls of Fury Ping Pong Challenge. It's gonna get intense. I'll post some action pictures once we kick it off.

I listened to the new Sea and Cake record this morning as I sorted through my clothes to find the cleanest and least wrinkled. Their records are the kind that grow on you, so I didn't expect my life to change as the record player's needle made it's first rounds.  While I miss some of the bleeps, blips, drum programming, and ethereal, twinkly guitar of One Bedroom-era Sea and Cake, the return to a live performance sound suits them for two reasons. First of all, they know how to play with each other better than most bands. Secondly, it makes me want to have John McEntire's baby when he let's loose on drums. The jury is still out until I give this one a few more spins, but the drumming alone is making me want to listen to this one again already.


1 comment:

gpec said...

Well my other brother from another mother, just wanna let ya know that i loved this blog, especially cuz of the balls of fury announcement. It honestly will be an annual event with growing interest each semester and year. And good luck with the cd release, lemme know when the concerts are boy, cuz I'll be there. Take care fellow co-worker